DKM listens to your needs and provides pragmatic and cost effective audit and assurance solutions without the cost of the Big Four or Second Tier firms. We strive to provide a personalised service tailored to your individual situation. This allows us to minimise the impact on your day to day operations whilst still complying with all legal requirements.
Our approach is based around delivering independent and professional outcomes that provide confidence about your business to your stakeholders. This approach fully complies with Australian and International requirements but is customised by the practical experience of our team, which has been developed over many years, so that we do not “over audit”. DKM diligently complies with the requirements of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants.
Communication is the key to a good audit relationship, so our Audit Director regularly attends on-site during an assignment. We work closely with you to ensure that deadlines and lodgement requirements are easily met. Our information needs are discussed and agreed before any work is started. Our audits use the latest technology and wherever possible we access documentation remotely without the need to get original paper copies. An annual management report will highlight any significant weaknesses or breakdowns in your organisation’s internal controls.
For any assignment we use our experience to consider if there are alternative solutions that are more cost effective. In particular, we explore what is the best format for your financial statements in order to reduce unnecessary disclosures. We also concentrate our attention on the areas with the highest potential for risk.
DKM specialises in the Not for Profit and SME sectors in providing:
- Statutory financial statement audits and reviews e.g. Corporations Act, ACNC Act, Incorporated Associations, Aboriginal Corporations
- Licenced and Registered clubs including gaming machine audits
- Superannuation including APRA regulated funds and SMSFs
- Financial service licence (AFSL) audits
- Preparation of financial reports – general purpose, special purpose, RDR
- Grant acquittals
- Compliance audits
- Coal Mining Industry (Long Service Leave) audits
- Trust account audit for accountants, the legal profession and property agents
- Retail shop lease outgoings audits
- Art union and bingo audits
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Internal control reviews and advice on accounting systems/processes
- Technical accounting standards advice
DKM’s audit team has experience in many different industries and sectors:
- Family businesses
- Schools and other educational institutions
- Foreign owned companies
- Building industry including QBCC MFR Report Independent Accountant reviews and land development
- Corporations Act company secretarial and corporate governance requirements
- Private and public ancillary funds
- Public sector entities including local authorities and statutory bodies
- Technology services including software providers